Porter Robinson can show you a world – shining and sonically splendid. Gearing up for yet another career milestone, the 21-year old talent recently announced his long-awaited debut album will be unleashed to the masses on August 12th. Due out on Astralwerks, Worlds is a stark, yet welcomed contrast from the sounds that helped shape his career.
Stepping outside the confines of festival main stage structure, the album’s first single, “Sea of Voices” has a beautiful chord progression made with multi-layered synth pads, bringing a hopeful dynamic to an otherwise sombre atmosphere. The second single “Sad Machine,” which premieres Porter on vocals for the first time, takes a very ambient and mystical tone, evoking a cerebral, almost fairytale-like composition. But the addition of fleeting glitchy-edits throughout the track, gives a faint nod to Porter’s electro roots, while continuing on in their sonic evolution.
Moving past the album’s buzzworthy tonal benchmark, Porter has also revealed yet another exciting piece to the Worlds puzzle. This coming fall, Porter is hittin’ the road to embark on the Worlds tour all across North America. Though few details have been revealed, our bet is that much like the album, the tour will showcase Porter’s unique musical vision and artistic metamorphosis. Join Disco Donnie Presents this fall and let Porter share a whole new Worlds with you – here are our partnering dates:
- Porter Robinson in Portland, OR on Sunday, August 31st
- Porter Robinson in Tempe, AZ on Wednesday, September 10th
- Porter Robinson in Albuquerque, NM on Wednesday, September 17th
- Porter Robinson in El Paso, TX on Thursday, September 18th
- Porter Robinson in Austin, TX on Friday, September 19th
- Porter Robinson in Dallas, TX on Saturday, September 20th
- Porter Robinson in Houston, TX on Sunday, September 21st
- Porter Robinson in Tallahassee, FL on Wednesday, October 15th
- Porter Robinson in Tampa, FL on Thursday, October 16th
- Porter Robinson in Orlando, FL on Friday, October 17th